This position provides assistance to the clinical and financial team by improving efficiency.
Clinical Administrative Assistant
Since 2006, our firm’s mission is to help undergraduates and graduates make a seamless transition from campus to
their careers. Over the years we have gained an understanding what key skill sets our associates need to succeed after graduation, and what our clients are looking for in their future work force.
With that knowledge, we have developed the Jobologi Program. Jobologi is the science behind getting the perfect job and finding the perfect new hire.
How it works: All associates must be accepted into the program and must complete five experiences during their 6 or 12-month program. The Experiences: Client Work experience, Team Building Events, Professional Development Workshops, Industry Shadowing, and health and wellness activities that will help our associates understand how to have an equal work life balance. Once all five experiences are completed, all associates will qualify for InternU’s Fingerprints program, providing scholarships or student debt relief.
Jobologi is provided to all our associates at no cost. You are compensated for every experience attended and completed.
This position is primarily responsible for seeking authorization and referrals from health insurance companies to cover diagnostic cycles, pregnancy and medications. This position provides assistance to the clinical and financial team by improving efficiency and decreasing turn-around time related to prescription medications and procedures requiring prior- authorization from payer sources.
- Completes prior – authorization requests for medication and procedures.
- Provides follow up on denials and appeals of authorizations.
- Assures timely completion of all prior authorization requests with a goal of no longer than 72 hours turn-around time.
- Assists with letters of medical necessity documentation to expedite approvals of medications and procedures.
- Collaborates with providers/payers/pharmacist/patients to assure appropriateness of medications/ procedures needing prior authorization and to reduce barriers to patient receiving quality patient care.
- Assists with developing and implementing prior-authorization work flows, policies and procedures.
- Other duties as required/necessary.
- Assist in maintaining patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information as required by this position.
- Implement, as appropriate to the Patient Services Department, all RMA of Philadelphia and third party policies and procedures required to affect the billing and collection for medical services.
- Facilitate assigned physicians medical transcription between transcription service and physician, mail letters and file copies in patient charts.
- Maintain patient and employee confidence. Protect operations by keeping patient and Patient Services employee information confidential.
- High School Diploma
- Health care experience required
- Must be proficient in the use of electronic medical records
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to work weekends and some holidays.
- Must have the ability to work successfully under stressful conditions, and must be capable of adapting to varying workloads and work assignments on a frequent basis.
- Must have the ability to make sound, independent judgments based on patient service protocols, and also be able to collaborate with other multidisciplinary team members in an appropriate fashion.
- Must have the ability to comprehend and perform oral and written instructions and procedures.
- Must have effective reading and comprehension skills.
- Must have strong communication skills, written and verbal to interact with people of all professional and social levels.
- Must have math skills to verify billing and collection information.
- Will work in an inside environment with temperature control.
Some electrical hazards working with equipment.
- Some examples of equipment used are computer terminal, calculator, copy machine, fax machine, and telephone.
- Some overtime will be required.
- Work routines/schedules are occasionally subject to change on short notice.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
Please fully complete the form below to be considered for this position.