Radiology Reading room assistant
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Availability: Full and Part-time
If it wasn’t for these experiences, I would have never known where to begin and it is with these experiences, that I feel, I will be able to grow in my career.
Since 2006, our firm’s mission is to help undergraduates and graduates make a seamless transition from campus to
their careers. Over the years we have gained an understanding what key skill sets our associates need to succeed after graduation, and what our clients are looking for in their future work force.
With that knowledge, we have developed the Jobologi Program. Jobologi is the science behind getting the perfect job and finding the perfect new hire.
How it works: All associates must be accepted into the program and must complete five experiences during their 6 or 12-month program. The Experiences: Client Work experience, Team Building Events, Professional Development Workshops, Industry Shadowing, and health and wellness activities that will help our associates understand how to have an equal work life balance. Once all five experiences are completed, all associates will qualify for InternU’s Fingerprints program, providing scholarships or student debt relief.
Jobologi is provided to all our associates at no cost. You are compensated for every experience attended and completed.
In this position, you will be interacting with hospital and departmental staff to support patient care efforts. You will be responsible for assigned work areas, complying with hospital and departmental policies and procedures as well as with directives of supervisors, and lastly, interacting with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with the core values of the hospital.
- Assists technologists with patients when required.
- Collates x-ray films, including new films, and places on viewers.
- Communicates effectively with the patient.
- Complies with policies and procedures of the University, Hospital, Department and Division.
- Complies with the directives of supervisors and supports the activities of co-workers to provide the highest quality service in a cost-effective manner.
- Coordinate/dispatch in and outpatient studies if required.
- Escorts patients to and from department as needed.
- Exhibits a professional appearance and conduct at all times while displaying a high work ethic (both quality and volume) and exhibits a high level of personal and professional energy.
- Maintains a work environment that is clean, orderly and safe for patients, visitors, students and employees.
- Maintains the confidentiality of patient information and uses discretion when interacting and communicating with patients.
- Participates in QA and PI activities and actively works to improve quality of services, cost effectiveness of operations, teamwork, and quality of work environment.
- Participates in in-service training.
- Performs necessary clerical duties.
- Performs such other duties as assigned.
- Properly enters patient data and exam data into the Radiology Information System.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of computer-based information systems as required.
- Provides basic patient care as required. Utilizes appropriate patient lifting/moving devices as needed.
- Sends patients when studies are completed.
- Good verbal and communication skills; accurate documentation skills; ability to read and correctly pronounce medical terminology; must have excellent phone etiquette.
- Must have good computer skills to understand, navigate, and enter data on multiple IT systems and Radiology-centric systems.
- Must be able to multitask and handle acute, stressful and busy periods. Task completion with accuracy is critical.
- Ability to work with stressful situations.
- Ability to function efficiently and professionally with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to quickly learn new procedures.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to schedule complex radiology patient appointments.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to display compassion and empathy.
- Minimum one year hospital, medical office or related experience
- Preferred: Associates degree in related field.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
Please fully complete the form below to be considered for this position.